DAM Salt-X Spin Shad & Pilk H 270 9ft 100-200g
ESP Lo Pro Brolly
With a fairly simple redesign, the ESP Lo Pro has dispensed the need for
storm poles by incorporating a frame which allows it to be freestanding.
So, six of its eight ribs are in contact with the ground. For ease of
set-up, it is still built around a conventional space saver umbrella
Instead of relying on storm poles to support the front, the Lo Pro
features simple yet clever extending ribs by means of an elasticated
joint which elongates the front side ribs when assembled allowing them
to be in contact with the ground.
By moving these extended ribs in or out the height of the front of the
shelter is adjusted, allowing for different weather conditions, varying
terrain and visibility requirements. Similarly, the rear side ribs can
be moved in or out to adjust the width and internal space of the
shelter. The Lo Pro is nominally 52 in size, but with the ability to
vary the size of its footprint slightly, even the longer bedchairs can
When the brolly is broken down, the ribs simply detach and fold up,
making the length 6 foot (1.82m) – easily manageable for transportation.
The Lo Pro rolls up nice and thin and will fit inside even small quivers.
Not having to carry storm poles saves on weight, and excluding the 8
pegs and the lightweight bag which houses the brolly, it weighs in at a
very modest 3.30kg (total weight including bag and pegs 4kg).
Although in practice we have found storm poles to be surplus to
requirements, we have included attachments on the upper front ribs, so
in really severe conditions, they can be used.
The Lo Pro is built around a very strong but light fibreglass frame made
up of 8mm diameter ribs. The cover is 210D PU backed nylon with a
5,000mm hydrostatic head. The way the frame is configured allows for the
extended quarter panels at the front which provide excellent protection
from the elements.
After the seed of a concept idea proved workable, the Lo Pro has been
developed and tested over nearly two years through all four seasons and
has performed admirably throughout. It is a genuine development on the
oval umbrella theme and is the perfect shelter for the discerning angler
who wishes to travel light and stay mobile
– Ultra-Light – just 3.3kg excluding bag and pegs
– Freestanding – does not require storm poles in most situations
– Quick set-up and take-down
– Compact footprint while still being roomy and providing excellent
– Space saver mechanism maximises internal headroom
– Tough but light fibreglass frame utilising 8mm ribs
– 210d PU backed nylon cover is rugged yet lightweight
– Allows the brolly to be rolled up thin
– Fits the ESP 3 rod quiver comfortably
– Aimed at the short session / overnighter angler
– Designed for those who wish to travel light and stay mobile
– Dimensions: Width 2.3m, depth front to back 1.7m, height variable up