Shimano Ultegra 5500 XSD
Shimano Ultegra 5500 XS-D
Shimano has taken one of the most popular best selling beach reels over the last few years and made it a whole lot better. The new Shimano Ultegra XS-D now has several new/improved features one of which is a slower oscillation which provides superior line lay, less friction, and ultimately more distance. Another major improvement is the quick drag. With just over a turn, you can adjust the drag from almost free spool to fully tightened drag. This makes setting up easier but the main advantage comes into its own when playing larger species when changing the drag is the difference between landing or losing a fish. The new XS-D also comes with spool reducers which remove the need for ‘backing line’ when using low diameter mono’s and braid. This reel can be used on most marks in the UK. It’s perfect for beach fishing and casting baits to the horizon. It also has enough ‘guts’ and cranking power for those fish-filled mixed to rough ground marks. The 5500 is a better balance reel for your lighter beach rods, pairs up fantastically with 11-13ft beach rods.
- Packed with unique features like
- X-Ship, Super Slow Oscillation,
- Aero Wrap 11,
- the all-new High-Speed Drag the carp angler can be confident to challenge the biggest and most sought after carps of all big lakes and rivers.
- The new “High-Speed Drag” is the fastest drag function ever featured on a Shimano reel. Only a very small turn on the drag knob will transit the drag settings from ‘free spool mode’ to the ‘fight mode’.
- X-Ship – Super Slow Oscillation (50)
- – Aerowrap 11
- – High Speed Drag
- – AR-C Spool
- – Line Reducers ( 2x 10,000 + 2x 3,500 )
- – Parallel Body
- – Ball Bearing 4
- – Max Drag Force (kg) 15kg
- – Body Material XGT7
- – Weight 500g
- – Gear Ratio 5,3:1
- – Line Retr (cm) 105
- – Line Cap (mm/m) 0.30-390 / 0.40-240
- – Spare Spool Yes (1)
|Product VAT Code|